BSI is accredited by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare Ltd (IEEA) to issue certification (accreditation) against the range of New Zealand approved standards including:
- NZS 8134: 2008 Health and Disability Services Standard (Core, Restraint Minimisation and Infection Prevention and Control)
- NZS 8158: 2012 Home and Community Support Sector Standard
- NZS 8171: 2005 Allied Health Services Sector Standard or ACC Requirements for Physiotherapy and / or Hand Therapy Services
- NZS 8164: 2005 Day-stay Surgery and Procedures
- NZS 8165: 2005 Rooms / Office Based Surgery and Procedures
Our formal Designation and accreditation status enables us to provide independent comprehensive audits and accredited certification that support health and disability services quality development. We are able to work with health and community services not covered by the “Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act” and to agree with them a package of Approved Standards that result in us issuing an independent certificate aligned with that specific health or disability service.
Depending on the standard, the outcome of this process is usually a three or four year certificate of achievement with a follow-up review (surveillance audit) usually at the mid-point until the re-certification. In addition, progress reporting occurs for improvements identified at an audit.