This course has been developed for food handlers and other staff in food manufacturing who need to understand the principles of HACCP. The course covers the concept of HACCP, hazards present in food, and how the 12 steps of HACCP are used to control and monitor these effectively in food production. The course has been written by food safety auditors and trainers, and can be accessed on-demand by learners.
The course modules cover:
- HACCP – what it is and why it was developed
- Benefits of implementing a HACCP system
- Different types of hazards in food production
- Prerequisite programs for HACCP
- The 12 steps of HACCP
- Reviewing the HACCP plan
Who should attend?
This introductory course is ideal for those in food production roles who may be responsible for any of the control, monitoring or corrective action procedures involved in the HACCP plan. It is ideal preparation for any staff new to the HACCP team.
Job roles could include:
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
- Senior management (non-food)
- Office and HR teams
What will I learn?
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Define HACCP and explain why it was developed
- Identify the different hazards in food production
- Explain the concept and practice of prerequisite programs for HACCP
- Describe each of the 12 steps of HACCP
- Explain the process of reviewing the HACCP plan
- Identify legislation relating to HACCP
How will I benefit?
- Access your training at a time and location convenient to you
- Interactive learning through activities and quizzes
- On successful completion of the assessment, download your digital certificate immediately
How will I learn?
The course has been designed as on-demand eLearning modules, enabling you to access them at a time and place convenient to you. Ideally viewed on a tablet or laptop, they are interactive and you will be taking part in activities throughout.