An ineffective food recall can result in severe consequences; customer illness or injury, dissatisfaction and regulatory non-compliance. Optimize your skills in the planning and execution of a food recall through a well-designed food recall plan and protocols. Gain confidence in planning and performing a mock recalls (crisis drills) to test your organizational recall capability in the event of a serious food safety incident. This course develops the necessary skills to document a food recall plan based on industry best practice food recall systems based on the requirements of Global Food Safety Initiative, (GFSI) standards. You’ll learn how to initiate a mock recall (crisis drill) of a recall plan through product traceability and mass balance activities to improve your recall capability and follow-up activities to apply learnings to improve your organization’s recall capability.
Upon completion of this course delegates will be able to:
• Identify and apply the requirements of GFSI standards (BRC, SQF, FSSC 22000 and Global Gap Schemes) to food recall plans
• Prepare a food recall plan
• Conduct a product trace activity and mass balance
• Complete verification records and demonstrate due diligence
• Plan and conduct mock recall activities
• Identify ways to continually improve by applying lessons learned from mock recall activities