We’ve developed this course to enable you to implement effective foreign matter control and prevent potential contamination of your products. This course will provide delegates with a framework to identify the sources of foreign matter and determine appropriate controls to effectively prevent recurrence. Specific controls for glass, plastics, wood and metal have been referenced from GFSI (Good Food Safety Initiative) standards.
Who should attend?
Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including;
- Technical / Quality Assurance
- Engineering and maintenance
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
You'll learn to:
- Understand incidents and types of foreign matter contamination in food
- Identify sources of foreign matter from products, premise, plant, processes, people and practices
- Identify key concepts to apply in the management of foreign matter
- Apply specific controls to glass, plastic, wood and metal foreign matter
- Understand how food industry foreign matter detection devices work
- Assess your workplace for sources of foreign matter specific to their organisation
- Review the adequacy of controls to prevent and manage foreign matter
- Implement new control measures to improve preventative foreign matter management
How will I benefit?
- Delegates will be able to transfer the knowledge from this course into operational practices to identify multiple sources of foreign matter and the preventative and reactive controls to effectively prevent recurrence
- Delegates will be encouraged to share experiences and knowledge with other attendees to enhance learning outcomes