ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Energy Management
Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct and lead an Energy Management Systems (EnMS) audit in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
You will grasp the key principles and practices of an effective EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 'Guidelines for auditing management systems'. Using a systematic approach, you will be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to reporting on audit findings, and follow-up; that establishes conformity and enhances energy performance.
Working with our professional tutors over 5 days, you will gain the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake and lead a successful second-party EnMS audits. You will acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up on an EnMS audit.
Before starting this course, delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
• The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between Context, Leadership and Commitment, Energy Policy, Planning, Operation, Performance Evaluation, Management Review and Continual Improvement
b) Energy management
• The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
• The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
• The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
• Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
• Energy use data analysis methods
• Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
• The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
• Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computer
c) ISO 50001
• An understanding of the requirements of ISO 50001 and the commonly used energy management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 50001