HACCP Requirements and GMP
Understand the principles of HACCP and how you can use them to develop a HACCP plan to identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards in your organization. Our food safety training experts guide you through the requirements of HACCP in full so you can implement a system that demonstrates your commitment to food safety and manages your risks effectively. Learn about hazard analysis and critical control processes.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of CODEX Alimentarius HACCP methodology and the application of the BSI HACCP & GMP standard.
The intent of this course is to provide a detailed explanation of the CODEX Alimentarius HACCP preliminary steps and principles with references to the BSI HACCP & GMP Certification Criteria, current industry thinking, interpretation and application.
This training course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop and document a HACCP plan, undertake a review of your existing HACCP plan or to actively contribute to a HACCP team.
Who should attend?
"The trainers are extremely knowledgeable and the course is loaded with practical exercises and industry related examples that provided the participants with the tools and understanding they needed."
- Anyone looking to implement HACCP in their organization
- Staff members who would like a greater understanding of HACCPs critical controls
- Any person looking to move into food auditing
What will I learn?
- Learn the benefits of implementing the HACCP standard
- Gain a deeper understanding of the 7 principles of HACCP
- Recognize the CODEX HACCP risk methodology
- Understand HACCP’s critical control processes in detail
- Gain the skills to implement the HACCP standard in your workplace
- Gain the skills to participate, develop and review HACCP plans (or studies)
- Understand the fundamental purpose of food safety as a strategic business driver
- Learn how to conduct a hazard analysis
- Understand the maintenance of a HACCP Food Safety Management System
How will I benefit?
- Compliance with legal obligations for safe food production
- Improved management of a HACCP food safety system
- Production of a comprehensive HACCP plan
- Improved record keeping
- Receive a globally recognized certificate
- Complete the formal assessments and receive the following nationally recognized units of competence for 'FDFAU4004A - identify, evaluate and control food safety hazards.'
There is a written test at the end of day two of this course. Detailed exam instructions will be provided.
A Certificate of Attainment in the HP competency unit will be provided for delegates who are deemed “Competent”. Certificates of Attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test, and delegates will be given the opportunity to retake the test.