How well do you know your supply chain?
BSI is currently developing a new specification that will help organizations in the process of selecting supply chain partners which comply with their own Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) policies.
This new specification will be developed in the form of a BSI Publicly Available Specification (PAS) and addresses safety and quality discrepancies within the supply chain.
We are currently looking to engage with topic experts on an international basis and reach consensus about GRC implications for the supply chain for key stakeholders within the global supply chain community as we work to develop the specification.
What is a PAS?
A PAS is a form of standardization that has particular value in topic areas that have not previously been the subject of a standardization approach, for which the introduction of a new standard could bring rapid benefit.
Why get involved?
We believe the PAS will be particularly beneficial for organizations that have complex supply chains. It is certain that any organization operating procurement processes for materials, components, products or services will find the topic relevant.
Benefits of PAS 7000
From information received to date, our expectations are that the new PAS will:
- recognize, incorporate and further enhance available good practice models developed by global GRC experts
- serve as a statement of current best practice in the field of GRC
- help organizations to determine essential GRC requirements to be embodied throughout their supply chains
- facilitate the establishment of appropriate business relationships with supply chain partners
- determine a commonly agreed terminology for GRC in the supply chain
- use commonly agreed GRC objectives to establish a pre-qualification process that will reduce the administrative burden of setting up supply chains
- provide guidance for small, medium and large organizations, in the planning and implementation of fundamental GRC strategies throughout their supply chains
The primary objectives for development of the new PAS will be to:
- make it possible for organizations to readily acquire knowledge of the GRC capability of their supply chain, collectively and individually
- enable the provision of the information required to meet this objective, by potential supply chain partners of all sizes, without the need for completion of different questionnaires all seeking the same information
- support the development of a common database, containing input from potential supply chain partners, that is accessible and manageable
How can you get involved?
Any company interested in contributing to this project by either forming part of the review committee or certifying to this PAS should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.