AS/EN 9100 Series transition window is closed
The last official day to transition your AS/EN 9100 management system was 15 September 2018. Even if you haven't started, it's never too late to adapt your quality management system and experience the benefits of the new standard.
Though your certification has now expired, BSI can still help you achieve certification. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner we can help.
Why did the standard change?
AS/EN 9100 was updated to keep in line with ISO 9001:2015 and to help the aviation space and defence industries in the following ways:
- Ensure best practice and continual improvement
- To deliver quality products that ensure safety
- One management system throughout the supply chain.
- Enhanced product traceability requirements to support latest regulatory changes
- To meet statutory, regulatory, and customer industry requirements
- Improved application of risk management
Changes to AS/EN 9100
The AS/EN 9100 revision now mirrors the 10-clause format of ISO 9001:2015. Additionally, it adds to or enhances the following areas:
- Product safety
- Human factors
- Counterfeit parts
- Configuration management
- Data management
- Product realization and planning
- Post-delivery support
- Verification of purchased product
- Project management
- Design development and supplier management
- Quality manual
- Management representative