Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Course on GRI Standards
Sustainability Reporting is an organization’s practice of reporting publicly on its economic, environmental and/or social impacts, and hence its contributions - positive or negative - towards the goal of sustainable development. This course is designed to help participants understand the GRI Sustainability Reporting process as per the GRI Standards. The training enables organizations to establish the systems and processes necessary to conduct stakeholder engagements analyze the inputs and thereby develop their strategy for Sustainable Development.
The course also provides the links and overlaps between the GRI Standards & UNGC Principles; Indian National Voluntary Guidelines for Business Responsibility Reporting; SDG’s etc.
Apart from the various aspects of reporting, the course provides ample opportunities for discussions and interactions through the use of case studies, along with the challenges and opportunities one would associate with sustainability reporting.
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is a not-for-profit organization set up by CERES and supported by UNEP, OECD, UNGC and the ISO. GRI promotes the use of sustainability reporting to make sustainability reporting a standard practice and also produce free Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and Standards.
BSI India is an approved GRI Training Partner in India and the training course (adapted to Indian conditions) has been designed, developed and approved by GRI. Course delivery will be by competent personnel in the field of Sustainability from BSI India.
Who should attend?
- Health, Environment, Safety, Energy and / or Climate Change professionals
- Personnel from HR; Corporate Communications; Marketing; Procurement and operations
- Representatives from legal and statutory bodies
- Consultants, Assessors, NGO’s and PG student
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of Sustainable Development and Reporting
- Understand the GRI Standards and the reporting process requirements
- Conduct materiality assessments and stakeholder engagements
- Develop a sustainability report and build systems and processes to manage the same consistently
- Link the sustainability report to the other sustainability standards such as the Indian National Voluntary Guidelines, UNGC Principles etc.
What is included?
- Detailed course notes and lunch provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)