CQI and IRCA Certified BCMS ISO 22301:2019 Lead Auditor Training Course
Course Aim: To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of business continuity management systems against ISO 22301, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Course Description: Our Business Continuity Management Systems Lead Auditor Training Course teaches the fundamental auditing principles and practices, in conformance with national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to business continuity (BC) requirements. By attending this course, delegates will also gain the necessary auditing skills through activity-based learning, and practical auditing experience with coaching, group activities and open forum discussions. Experienced BSI tutors will guide delegates through the entire audit process; from initiation to conducting audit follow-up.
Successful completion of this BSI certified training course, by passing the relevant examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate the knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
CQI and IRCA course reference number: 2299
Who should attend?
Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s Business Continuity management system.
What will I learn in the training?
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain the purpose of a business continuity management system, of business continuity management systems standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the business continuity management system
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a business continuity management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a business continuity management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22301 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
How will I benefit by the training?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 22301 audit
- Interpret ISO 22301 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
Business continuity management
- The concepts of managing business continuity through business impact analysis, risk assessment, business continuity strategies and solutions, business continuity plans and procedures, and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
- The relationship between business continuity management and the provision of more secure and resilient organizations, the considered treatment of risk, and the proactive improvement of business continuity performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local business continuity legislation and requirements
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22301 and the commonly used business continuity management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22301, which may be gained by completing our ISO 22301 Requirements training course, or the equivalent.
What's included in the training?
- Training pack (training materials, BSI pen, training course note)
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- Suitable for small groups
- Suitable for single person
- Learn from other organizations
- Suitable for large groups
- Flexible & convenient
- Tailored for your needs