What is involved in product certification?
- Gap analysis: if you need our help at the outset, we can advise on any areas that may need attention.
- Pre-Assessment: if you wish to be reassured that you are ready for full assessment.
- Type testing of the product design against the standard specifications involving actual examination of a sample as well as performance in tests. The results are recorded in a report.
- Technical support during the certification process by some of the best trained and most competent staff available.
- Dedicated team always available by email or telephone.
- Technical file storage facility; this is the dossier that contains all the evidence to substantiate your conformity claims, such as certificates, reports, and manufacturer's drawings. Even for lower categories of products, BSI can still help create a technical file and issue a voluntary certificate.
- Technical advice; on interpretation and requirements of standards and Directives
- Timescale and project management
- Product certification
What is the product certification process?
- A client enquiry initiates BSI to discuss client needs and the requirements of the Directive.
- Application form completed.
- Quote is prepared based on the earlier discussions.
- The client signs and returns the quote if happy with the content.
- Clients send all relevant paperwork and samples to BSI.
- Testing is completed by lab, and reports are produced.
- A certificate decision sought after an assessment appraisal and finalised report by Risk & Compliance Department.
- The client is then required to mark his products with the appropriate information as required by the Directive.