ISO/DIS 45001 brings occupational health and safety management and continual improvement into the heart of an organization. This new standard is an opportunity for organizations to align their strategic direction with their OH&S management system. In addition, there is an increased focus on improving occupational health and safety performance.
Our customers tell us they get multiple benefits as a result of implementing and adopting occupational health and safety management systems, such as:
- Reduce work related injuries, ill health and death
- Eliminate or minimize OH&S risks
- Improve OH&S performance and effectiveness
- Demonstrate corporate responsibility and meet supply chain requirements
- Protect brand reputation
- Motivate and engage staff through consultation and participation
There is a worldwide need to harmonize health andsafety management systems using an international standard and share best practices. ISO 45001 is a great opportunity to further improve occupational health andsafety performance. With an international standard to refer to, together with the right infrastructure and training, organizations will be able to address these risks better in future.
Learn more about the standard in our informative guide.