Advanced Cloud Security Auditing - CSA STAR Certification
In conjunction with the CSA, BSI has developed the CSA STAR Certification scheme to measure the robustness and performance of cloud security. It gives cloud service providers the ability to prove that their registration to the Cloud Security Alliance’s (CSA’s) Security, Trust and Assurance Registry (STAR) has been independently assessed against the new CSA STAR certification maturity model.
Led by an experienced tutor, this advanced course commences with the 1 day ‘Auditing Cloud Security for CSA STAR Certification’ programme before concentrating on how a CSA STAR rating is determined using a detailed case study on day 2.
Who should attend?
ISO/IEC 27001 qualified auditors or those with equivalent knowledge and experience. Suggested job roles include:
- Network security managers
- Information security consultants
- Cyber Security principals
- IT Risk and Security managers
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define the specific control areas of the CCM and differentiate between them
- Describe what maturity is and how the STAR certification maturity model works
- Apply the maturity model when auditing a provider’s security controls
- Calculate a maturity score for each CCM control area
- Derive a provider’s maturity level from the maturity scores
- Demonstrate how to recommend STAR certification
To successfully complete this course an examination must be passed.
What are the benefits?
Although only a certified CSA STAR auditor from a certification body can recommend CSA STAR certification, by attending this course delegates will learn how to effectively prepare a cloud service provider for a CSA STAR audit.
- Lunch and refreshments
- Course notes
- Certificate of attendance