CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course
Our OH&S Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course teaches the fundamental auditing principles and practices, in conformance with national and international accepted norms and regulations relating to OH&S requirements.
By attending this course, delegates will also gain the necessary auditing skills through activity-based learning, and practical auditing experience with coaching, group workshops and open forum discussions. Experienced BSI tutors will guide delegates through the entire audit process; from initiation to conducting audit follow-up.
Successful completion of this training course, by passing the relevant examination and skills assessment, will demonstrate knowledge and basic skills to undertake and lead a management systems audit.
You will sit a 2 hour exam to test your knowledge, and your skills will be continually assessed. You must succeed in both elements to pass the course. CQI and IRCA course reference number:1946
Who should attend?
- Anyone with the need to audit an organization's OH&S management system
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
Occupational health and safety management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001:2018, which may be gained by completing our ISO 45001:2018 Requirements training course, or the equivalent
What will I learn?
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001:2018 audit
- Interpret ISO 45001:2018 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
- This course is eligible for 40 SDU points
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshment
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate