ISO 9001:2015 Strategic approach to risk-based thinking
ISO 9001 is the most widely adopted standard in the world, which forms the foundation for a system of processes required to achieve customer satisfaction.
ISO 9001:2015 introduces the new concept of context of the organization. This requires your organization to determine the issues and requirements that can impact on the planning of your Quality Management System (QMS). The implementation of your QMS should be a strategic decision influenced by the context of your organization.
The standard also requires your organization to consider:
- alignment of the QMS with the strategic direction of your organization
- determining the processes needed to achieve your intended outcomes
- addressing risks and opportunities arising from the context of your organization
This training course will provide you knowledge and understanding, as well as practical application, of these concepts so you can plan a QMS that meets the intended outcomes within the appropriate context of your organization.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers, executives and quality professionals who need a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking.
It is particularly relevant to anyone involved in developing, auditing or maintaining the quality management system.
It’s recommended that delegates have knowledge of the ISO 9001 standard prior to attending this training.
Delegates are advised to bring a notebook to work on e-templates.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn the knowledge and skills to:
- understand the organizational context in the planning and implementation of your QMS
- apply risk-based thinking in the QMS
- use a structured method to develop an effective QMS relevant to your organization’s context
How will I benefit?
You’ll be able to:
- understand your organizational context, risk-based thinking and process approach concepts necessary for establishing QMS relevant to your organization’s strategy
- use management tools and techniques to develop the system in a structured way
Our tutors have the professional experience working with organizations to help them set-up and successfully maintain their quality management system across a variety of industries. So they understand your challenges and they bring the subject matter to life with relevant and contemporary examples to enhance your learning.
What is included?
- This course is eligible for 14 SDU points
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshment
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate