Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
Business Impact Analysis is a fundamental practice that, when undertaken correctly, can effectively establish the framework for resilience and continuity arrangements in an organization. The process can provide other benefits by informing management to consider succession planning, supply chain strategies and avoid single points of failure.
This course is a combination of presentations, with supporting slides, as well as individual and group activities designed to establish and cement a practical understanding of the elements of comprehensive Business Impact Analysis. This will enable delegates to undertake their own analysis, and potentially shape management decisions that lead to improved organizational resilience and continuity.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in providing critical services, with client expectations of no disruption, or rapid recovery time should attend Business Impact Analysis training.
What will I learn?
Delegates who attend Business Impact Analysis training will learn to:
- Analyze a business system and identify critical activities
- Explain recovery time objectives and how impacts vary with time
- Identify critical resources for resilience protection and/or recovery measures
- Shape supply chain decisions
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Formulate a Business Impact Analysis as a key practice for planning business resilience and recovery measures
How will I benefit?
Business Impact Analysis training will help you:
- Formalize your business activity dependencies
- Understand what processes and activities are critical as opposed to important
- Enable management to identify priorities for mitigating risk of disruption of services, priorities for recovery of services, level of recovery of services and resource requirements to facilitate recovery
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate