Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course- IRCA Certified Course (A17456)
Customers expect organizations to plan and prepare for unforeseen events. Through an effective Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301, organizations can build the resilience and capability to keep operating when unexpected disruptions occur. This increases customer confidence – especially when the effectiveness of the BCMS is independently verified and certified.
To unlock the full potential of the BCMS, your organization must conduct thorough audits of the framework to ensure that it continues to be robust and applicable in crisis situations. You may also want to find out more about independent audits and how they work. Can you lead an audit?
This course will develop the knowledge and skills required to lead a BCMS audit, with emphasis on independent auditing principles and practices. Led by an expert instructor, practical exercises, group activities and class discussions will be used to guide you through the entire audit process from the planning of the audit through to reporting the results.
Course No A17456 Certified by IRCA
This course is registered by the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) and meets part of the training requirements of those seeking registration as a lead auditor under that scheme.
This course contains pre-course material and a 2-hour closed-book examination on day 5. A certificate of attendance is awarded to all participants who complete the course. Participants who pass the examination receive additional recognition for this achievement on their certificates.
Who should attend?
- Business continuity managers and consultants
- Risk, information security, IT and operations managers and consultants
- Existing auditors who want to audit to ISO 22301
- Those who want to improve business continuity through an independent audit.
Prerequisite for the Course:
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22301 and,
- Knowledge of the following business continuity management principles and concepts:
- the purpose and benefits of a Business Impact Analysis
- the principals of risk assessment and analysis
- typical Business Continuity Strategies
- business continuity response options
- BCMS performance metrics, monitoring and performance measurement exercise and testing methodologies
"Comprehensive course materials and lecturer is very knowledgeable." – Steven Ling, SBS Transit Limited
What will I learn?
- The scope, concepts and requirements ISO 22301
- Confidence planning and leading an ISO 22301 audit
- Manage auditing teams and improve analysing and reporting skills
- Stay up-to-date with business continuity best practice.
What are the benefits?
- Qualified ISO 22301 lead auditor expertise in your organization
- Be able to protect and recover critical business systems during disruption
- Prepare for the unexpected effectively by maintaining ISO 22301 compliance
- Build customer confidence through commitment to business continuity.
What is included?
- Exam and IRCA accredited certificate
- Course notes