Food Safety Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Course- IRCA Certified Course (A17416 )
BSI’s “ISO 22000:2005 Lead Auditor” course focuses on teaching students an effective approach for auditing food safety management systems. The primary objective of this training course is to instruct food safety auditors in the principles and practices specific to auditing for conformance with ISO 22000:2005, including planning and preparation of the audit, audit practices, and reporting audit findings.
Experienced instructors guide students through 3rd Party audits that are required for a management system based on ISO 22000:2005. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
Course No A17416 Certified by IRCA
This course is registered by the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) and meets part of the training requirements of those seeking registration as a lead auditor under that scheme.
Who should attend?
- Managers planning the implementation of ISO 22000:2005
- Anyone who may be involved in either the support or actual implementation of a food safety management system or HACCP-based system
- Managers or other personnel tasked with managing a food safety management system
- Individuals interested in conducting first-party, second-party, and third-party audits based on ISO 22000:2005
Prerequisite for the Course:
Experience working within the food chain, preferably with an understanding of implementing or operating a management system
- An understanding of relevant key food safety legislation
- An understanding of prerequisite programmes
- An understanding of Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP),Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP),Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates
- An understanding of the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius
What will I learn?
- Understand the concepts and requirements of ISO 22000:2005
- Understand national/international food safety legislation
- Understand HACCP principles based on Codex Alimentarius
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2002 and ISO/TS 22003:2007 definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an external audit (plan, execute, report, record, follow-up, closure)
- Prepare and present effective reports
What are the benefits?
- Audit your organisation against internationally recognized processes and standards
- Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
- Ensure proper hazard controls in place across your supply chain
- •Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities •Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Certificate of completion