Practical Environmental Aspect Determination
Determining environmental aspects is one of the main elements of strategic planning, and the foundation for an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS). So understanding your organization’s environmental aspects is essential to determine what actions are required and how stringent the controls need to be to mitigate your impact to the environment. The measurable results from managing the aspects will contribute to your organization’s environmental performance.
ISO 14001:2015 requires an organization to consider a life cycle perspective of its products and services when determining its environmental aspects. This standard also requires an organization to consider the context of the organization and the needs and requirements of interested parties.
Once the significant environmental aspects have been determined, they will be analysed to determine risks and opportunities so you can prioritize the actions needed. You’ll need to translate these actions into an environmental improvement programme or an operational control or emergency preparedness and response process.
This training course will help you understand the environmental aspects relating to activities, products and services of your organization. You’ll discover a practical method to document the information and to analyse which ones are significant. Plus the course will explain the relationship of the aspects to compliance obligations and associated risks and opportunities.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for management level or project committees in organizations wishing to implement ISO 14001:2015. It is ideal for anyone managing the environmental management system or process owners.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn the knowledge and skills to:
- determine the environmental aspects of their organization’s activities, products and services, considering a life-cycle perspective
- understand the methodology for determining potentially significant environmental aspects with both adverse and beneficial impacts
- understand of how the aspects relate to compliance obligations
- understand how the aspects are linked to the risks and opportunities and how to incorporate the actions into your organization’s processes
How will I benefit?
You’ll be able to:
- understand the process to determine environmental aspects and how to evaluate significant impacts
- understand how to determine risks and opportunities relating to significant aspects
Our tutors have the professional experience working with organizations to help them set-up and successfully maintain their quality management system across a variety of industries. So they understand your challenges and they bring the subject matter to life with relevant and contemporary examples to enhance your learning.
- This course is eligible for 8 SDU points
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshment
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate