Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Training Course
This one-day course provides an overview both the of the methodology used to develop design and process FMEA is line with the methods specified in the Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis reference manual (Potential Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Fourth Edition); detailing the critical steps to identify and mitigate product and process risks.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in product and process development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, IATF 16949 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of IATF 16949
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements related to the scope of your audits
This can be obtained through attendance of either out IATF 16949 Transition Seminar, Transition OR Requirements Training Course (or equivalent)
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the activities involved in the development of an FMEA
- Identify failure modes and apply risk rankings using the severity, occurrence and detection ranking tables defined in the Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis reference manual
- Assign risk priority numbers (RPN) to each failure mode identified
- Determine actions to reduce or eliminate high RPN’s
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Become a productive member of a product or process design team
- Apply the steps involved for a successful FMEA
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the different types of FMEA, design, process and machine
- Understand how to identify failure modes
- Understand how to assess and prioritize risk associated with product and process design using severity, occurrence and detection rankings
- Understand the challenges associated with product and process design
What is included?
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate