Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) training course
If you're building a career in information security the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the must-have qualification to help you progress. It is a globally recognized standard that demonstrates your competence as an IT professional.
This course will prepare you with the knowledge and skills to complete the CISSP exam, which will get you Certified Information Systems Security Professional status. professional. Covering topics including cloud computing, mobile security, application development security, and risk management, you will gain the knowledge to best manage information security issues back in your organization.
Duration: 5 days
"I would highly recommend the course to a friend, and in fact I already have! I'd also recommend it to a security team within an organization, even if they're not specifically targeting a CISSP certification as it teaches a broad range of best practices and will help instil a culture of security and best practice in any organisation.
Scroll to bottom of page for course dates and booking options
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for professionals who have at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP common body of knowledge (CBK), such as:
- Security consultants
- Security managers
- IT directors/managers
- Security auditors
- Security architects
- Security analysts
- Security systems engineers
- Chief information security officers
- Security directors
- Network architects
Please note: A one year experience waiver is available with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent, or additional credentials from the (ISC)² approved list, thus requiring four years of direct full-time professional security work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
Don't have 5 years of experience? - Become an Associate of (ISC)²
If you’re ready to start your journey to a a rewarding career in cybersecurity but don’t yet have the necessary experience to earn a globally recognized cybersecurity certification, the Associate of (ISC)² designation has you covered! It’s the best path for aspiring cybersecurity pros determined to fast-track their careers. And you immediately earn the badge that proves your knowledge.
Through the Associate of (ISC)² program, you can take the CISSP certification exam without the required work experience. When you pass, you become an Associate of (ISC)² as you work to gain the necessary experience to achieve full certification.
What will I learn?
This training provides an extensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 8 domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Security and risk management
- Asset security
- Security architecture and engineering
- Communications and network security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security assessment and testing
- Security operations
- Software development security
How will I benefit?
- You'll increase your expertise as leading information security systems professional, as defined by globally recognized CISSP certification
- You'll develop the expertise to manage a best-practice information security system, aligned to globally accepted standards, that ensures your organization's information assets are protected
- Be confident with emerging threats, technologies, regulations, standards, and industry best practices, and how to stay informed
- Be familiar with industry accepted terminology and practices used by information security professionals
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments
- Full course materials (provided digitally for online training)
- Final exam preparation ‘cram sheets’, mind maps and example practice questions (Provided digitally for online training)
- Certificate of attendance
Please note: the ISC² CISSP exam is not included in the course fee and needs to be booked directly on the ISC website. On completion of the exam you will be awarded Certified Information Systems Security Professional Status.