CREST Practitioner Security Analyst v2.1 training course
The CPSA course leads to the CREST Practitioner Security Analyst (CPSA) examination, which is an entry level qualification that tests a candidate’s knowledge in assessing operating systems and common network services at a basic level below that; of the main CRT and CCT qualifications. The CPSA examination also includes an intermediate level of web application security testing and methods to identify common web application security vulnerabilities. The examination covers a common set of core skills and knowledge that assess the candidate’s technical knowledge. The candidate must demonstrate that they are able to perform basic infrastructure and web application testing and interpret the results to locate security vulnerabilities. Success will confer the CREST Practitioner status to the individual. This qualification is a pre-requisite for the CREST Registered Penetration Tester (CRT) examination and comprises a multiple-choice examination. CRT is available as a separate course.
Who should attend?
- Aspiring information security personnel who wish to be part of a PenTest team
- System administrators who are responding to attacks
- Incident handlers who wish to expand their knowledge into Penetration Testing and Digital Forensics
- Government departments who wish to raise and baseline skills across all security teams
- Law enforcement officers or detectives who want to expand their investigative skills
- Information security managers who would like to brush up on the latest techniques and processes in order to understand information security implications
- New hires / apprentices starting their security careers
- Anyone needing CPSA as a pre-requisite for the CREST Registered Tester (CRT) examination.
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into eleven modules:
- Module 1: Soft skills and assessment management
- Module 2: Core technical skills
- Module 3: Information gathering & open source
- Module 4: Networking equipment
- Module 5: Microsoft windows security assessment
- Module 6: Unix security assessment
- Module 7: Web technologies
- Module 8: Web testing methodologies
- Module 9: Web testing techniques
- Module 10: Databases
- Module 11: Preparation for the CPSA exam
How will I benefit?
- Ability to detect an attack
- Aware how to handle it
- Have the knowledge to trace and acquire the evidence, investigate, analyse and re-construct the incident
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance