Managing Health Safety & Environment in Mines
This course will provide the underpinning knowledge in relation to the regulations and best practices that are used at a well-run site. It will explain how to integrate safe systems into everyday operational and management practice to meet all necessary obligations as well as business performance objectives.
Who should attend?
- Junior Managers
What will I learn?
- Health and Safety at Mineral Extraction Sites
- Managing Health and Safety
- Workplace Regulations
- Safe Systems of work
- Health Surveillance
- Monitoring the Workplace Environment
- Key aspects of an EMS
- ISO Systems
- Lone Working
- EPP (Emergency Planning Procedures)
- Incident Investigation
- Behavioural Safety
- Complete an assignment based on a workplace scenario
How will I benefit?
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply theory to practice in the workplace
- Understand how the concepts and principles of health safety and environment are implemented on a mine site.
- Undertake research on health safety and environmental related topics
- Better communicate views and ideas with work colleagues in a structured and intelligent manner
- Understand how culture, attitude and behaviours impact on the workplace
- Develop ideas to reduce workplace accidents and improve company performance
- Training course notes
- 10 - 40 CPD hours (depending on the number of face-to-face sessions included) accredited by the Institute of Quarrying.