IQ Supervisor Course
The course is a technically focussed programme incorporating content within the modules listed below. However, in addition elements of leadership and communication together with team building are woven into the course structure. This area is exploited within the interactive exercises set throughout the week. Assignments reinforce the IQs value in applying theory to practice. This is a proven recognised method of raising understanding and application of learning within the mining environment.
Who should attend?
- Supervisory operational
- Mine teams (including foremen and aspiring foremen)
What will I learn?
- Module 1 -Quarry Development and Management Systems: An Introduction to Mineral Products, Responsibility for the Wider Environment, The Effect of Operations on the Local Environment Health and Safety Awareness, Safe Systems of Work
- Module 2- Operational Best Practice: Methods of Working, Fire Prevention, Emergency Planning Procedures, Electrical Safety Awareness
- Module 3- Extraction and Processing: Feeders, Crushing, Hydraulic Classification, Washing and Primary Separation, Conveyors, Loading at the Face, Dumptrucks, Scrapers Tyres and Chains
How will I benefit?
Once you have completed the course you will be able to:
- Apply theory to practice in the workplace
- Better understand the concepts and principles of operational management in a mining environment
- Reduce the likelihood of serious injury or death
- Improve attitudes and behaviours in the workplace
- Work across departments more effectively
- Improve business efficiency by understanding cross business processes
- Training course notes
- Supervisors undertaking the full five-day courses will receive 45 hours of CPD hours accredited by the Institute of Quarrying.