Blasting has long been associated with mining as a key activity to extract rock and minerals from the earth. It has become a highly specialised area requiring excellent technical skills of those involved. Good blasting techniques have a direct benefit to mining operations because well designed blasts reduce risks associated with health and safety concerns and improve operations through efficient extraction and environmental management.
Who should attend?
- Blasting Engineers
What will I learn?
- Alternatives to Blasting
- Explosives – General
- Blasting Agents
- Detonators and Accessories
- Explosive Control and Transport
- Initiation and Priming Systems
- Environmental Impacts
- Blast Design
- Specialist Blasting Techniques
- Geotechnical Implications
How will I benefit?
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply blasting theory in the workplace
- Better understand the concepts and principles of blasting in a mining environment
- Understand how to research related topics in order to satisfy CPD
- Improve safety within the working environment
- Interpret data with a view to improving blasting performance and hence costs to the business
- Work together as part of a team
- Training course notes
- 50 CPD hours accredited by the Institute of Quarrying.