ISO/IEC 27032:2012 Guidelines For Cybersecurity Training Course
The cyberspace is a complex environment. It involves different types of interactions between people, software, hardware and physical locations to support with storage, processing, communication and service delivery for a wide range of information. This means the security requirements vary depending upon use, criticality and sensitivity of the information, as well as the level of collaboration between stakeholders.
International Standards such as ISO/IEC 27002 provide some best practice recommendations on information security controls, however risks relating to cybersecurity need extra technical guidance including:
- Social engineering attacks
- Proliferation of malicious software (malware)
- Other potentially unwanted software
Building on the concepts and framework specified in ISO/IEC 27001, the best practice guidance and techniques in ISO/IEC 27032 help you to manage and respond to these cybersecurity issues, including how to:
- Prepare for attacks, whether by malware or by unauthorised entities
- Detect and monitor attacks
- Respond to attacks
This course will provide you with knowledge on ISO/IEC 27032 so you can understand, prepare for, detect, respond to and monitor issues related to cybersecurity for your organization. You will be provided with:
- An overview of cybersecurity
- An explanation of the relationship between cybersecurity and other types of security
- A definition of stakeholders and a description of their roles in cybersecurity
- Guidance for addressing common cybersecurity issues
- A framework to enable stakeholders to collaborate on resolving cybersecurity issues.
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to learn:
- How to identify, analyse and evaluate risks associated with cybersecurity
- What techniques, methods and controls can be implemented in order to help mitigate cybersecurity risks
- What ongoing governance, risk monitoring and collaboration processes can be implemented to ensure that cybersecurity issues continue to be appropriately managed
The course is applicable to individuals from any size or type of organization who is currently, or will in the future, be involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or assessing information security, particularly as it relates to cybersecurity.
What will I learn?
You will be able to:
- Explain the nature of the cyberspace and cybersecurity
- Who the cybersecurity stakeholders are and what their roles are
- Recognise what assets, stakeholders, threats and vulnerabilities exist in the cyberspace
- Identify methods for ensuring cybersecurity attack readiness
- Explain the benefits of implementing ISO/IEC 27032
- Utilize the risk management principles to identify and respond to cybersecurity risks
- Integrate the key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 27032 into an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliant information security management system (ISMS)
- Implement the topics covered in ISO/IEC 27032 in your organization.
Our unique accelerated approach fast tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you get the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities, group discussions and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify key benefits associated with using ISO/IEC 27032 to protect information assets which could be affected by cybersecurity threats
- Understand the ISO/IEC 27032 best practice guidance and techniques related to cybersecurity
- Understand the rationale behind the processes, the use and the implementation of ISO/IEC 27032
- Understand the issues organizations face when dealing with cybersecurity
- Understand the best practice approaches to adopt in order to address and manage issues related to cybersecurity
- Understand how to prepare for and respond to cybersecurity threats
- Determine and implement appropriate collaboration between different stakeholders to ensure effective responses to incidents.
- Pen and Notepad
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.