ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Internal Auditor Training Course
Course Aim: To provide guidance and practical experience in planning, executing, reporting and audit follow-up of an internal audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2011, when monitoring the effectiveness and conformity of a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
Course Description: ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an SMS. The requirements include the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value for customers, users and the organization delivering the services.
An internal audit is an essential element of an effective SMS, and by attending this course you’ll develop the auditing skills to help improve your organization’s SMS performance.
You’ll learn how to assess and report on the conformity and effectiveness of an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018. You’ll also gain the skills to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone involved in auditing, maintaining or supervising an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1.
First-party/internal auditors, those coordinating internal audit activities or personnel who are interested in monitoring the effectiveness of their organization’s service management system (SMS) will find this course of particular value.
Second-party auditors will also find this course helpful, as will existing internal auditors who wish to refresh their skills.
Prerequisites: You should already have a good knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and the key principles of an SMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Requirements course.
What will I learn in the training?
You’ll be able to:
- Explain guidelines for management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- Apply 19011 guidelines to auditing ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Integrate SMS audits with those for other management systems
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 in the context of an audit:
- Initiate an audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Identify audit findings
- Prepare and distribute an audit report
- Complete and follow-up an audit
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Develop internal auditing expertise to add value to the internal auditing process
- Support the delivery of high quality services in your organization through the operation of an effective SMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Prepare for second and third-party audits associated with the organization’s SMS
- Detailed Training Course Notes