IATF 16949:2016 Transition and Internal auditor Automotive Quality Management Systems Training Course
Gain the knowledge required to successfully transition from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016. Learn about the new ISO high level structure, Annex SL, the changes to ISO 9001, and the automotive Quality Management System (QMS) specific differences in IATF 16949:2016 compared to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
Learn how to conduct internal audits of Automotive Quality Management Systems (QMS) using the process approach to verify compliance to IATF 16949:2016.
Are you already familiar with ISO/TS 16949:2009 and want to find out about IATF 16949:2016?
- This comprehensive three-day course explores the changes from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016 and helps you develop the necessary Internal audit skills to effectively audit the Quality systems as per IATF16949:2016.
- You will be able to identify the gaps in your current Automotive QMS and start planning your transition to the revised standard.
- You will also develop the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance, and the effective implementation of processes, based on IATF 16949:2016. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in planning, implementing or supervising an IATF 16949:2016 transition, as well as internal auditors who need to understand the changes resulting from the transition to IATF 16949:2016.
What will you learn?
You will gain knowledge about:
- Key changes resulting from Annex SL, ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016
- New and revised terms and definitions
- Specific new requirements relating to Context, Leadership, Planning and Support in Annex SL
- Key concepts such as risk-based thinking
- The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) and the intent behind the revision
- Changes in Automotive QMS specific requirements as a result of transitioning from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016
- Certification timeline
- Applying ISO 19011 guidelines to auditing IATF 16949
- Explaining the importance of customer-specific requirements in the internal audit process
- Identify the automotive process approach when auditing
You will develop skills to
- Plan and initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities, taking account of customer-specific requirements
- Conduct audit activities using the process approach
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow-up
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Explain the key changes between ISO/TS 16949:2009 and IATF 16949:2016
- Identify what needs to be done to address these changes within your current Automotive QMS
- Find out about transitioning your certification with BSI
- Become a productive member of a transition programme within your organization
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on IATF 16949:2016 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an IATF 16949:2016 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its Automotive QMS
- Write factual audit reports and assist with corrective actions
What does the fee cover?
- Training course notes
- Lunch & Refreshments
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate