ISO 50001:2018 Transition training course
Course Aim: Provide knowledge relating to the adoption of Annex SL Appendix 2, and EnMS requirements, when transitioning to ISO 50001:2018.
Course Description: If you’re already familiar with ISO 50001:2011 but want to find out about the anticipated changes that lie ahead, this course introduces you to the new ISO high level structure for management system standards, and explores the expected changes from ISO 50001:2011. It will help you identify gaps in your current Energy Management System (EnMS) and start planning your transition to the revised standard.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an ISO 50001:2011/2018 transition.
Prerequisites: You need to be familiar with the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 and will benefit from reading ISO 50001:2018 before attending this course.
Further Information: If you have previously attended one of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, or ISO 45001:2018 transition courses, you may opt out of the morning session of this course, which covers the high level structure.
The afternoon session is based on our ISO 50001 Seminar, but includes practical activities for a deeper understanding. If you’ve attended the seminar, you do not need to attend this course. However should you still wish to do so, you’ll be entitled to a discount.
All course information is based on ISO 50001:2011/2018.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- Explain the purpose and use of Annex SL Appendix 2 and describe a generic management system
- Communicate the new requirements relating to: Context, Leadership, Planning, Support and Operation, in Annex SL Appendix 2
- Identify the main terms and definitions in ISO 50001:2018 which differ from ISO 50001:2011
- Communicate energy specific requirements in ISO 50001:2018 that differ from ISO 50001:2011
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the changes to ISO 50001:2011
- Identify how your current EnMS might need to change
- Learn about transitioning your certification with BSI
- Detailed training course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)