ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management System Internal Auditor Training Course
Over two days, led by our experienced instructor, you will develop the knowledge and skills required to undertake a thorough audit of a RTSMS. Using practical exercises, group activities and class discussions, you will be guided through the principles and practices of auditing and how it applies to conducting the audit of an ISO 39001 RTSMS.
A RTSMS based on ISO 39001 can provide your organization with an international best-practice framework for managing road safety risks, evaluating their impact, and developing the capability to achieve results that meet objectives and contribute to the welfare of employees and societal goals.
The framework of a RTSMS combined with robust internal audit processes, can ensure that your organization consistently evaluates its RTS performance, helping to drive continual improvement in an area of risk that can be devastating for those affected by road traffic incidents.
Who should attend?
Those tasked with the responsibility for RTS management including:
- Transport planners
- Fleet managers
- Occupational health and safety experts
- Human resources managers
- Road safety managers
- Enforcement authorities
- Internal and external management systems auditors and lead auditors who are new to RTSM and leading RTSMS audits
- Existing management system practitioners who are new to RTSM and the requirements of an RTSMS
- Those interested in finding out more about RTSM.
Develop the knowledge and skills required to undertake a thorough audit of a RTSMS.
What will I learn?
- The key auditing requirements of ISO 39001
- How to plan a RTSMS audit
- How to undertake a RTSMS audit
- How to report on the audit findings
- How to conduct audit follow-up and closeout.
How will my organization benefit?
- There will be an increased awareness within your business about RTS
- Your organization will be able to consistently evaluate its RTS performance
- It can help to drive continual improvement in the area of risk which can be devastating to those affected by road traffic incidents
- Your organization can build expertise in supplier/subcontractor (2nd party) and independent audits (3rd party) and how they would operate
- Successful implementation and evaluation of your organization’s RTSMS can help to improve reputation and can boost your organization’s ability to tender where RTS is a factor during the bidding process.
We recommend you read:
BS ISO 39001:2012
You may also be interested in our: Occupational Health and Safety suite of courses to manage work related
Find out more about Occupational Health & Safety training
Business continuity suite of courses to manage how you respond to incidents occurring from adverse weather conditions
Find out more about Business Continuity training
For public courses you will be provided with:
- A loan copy of the standard for the duration of the course
- A course folder containing course materials, pen and notepad
- Refreshments and lunch
- A certificate of attendance on completion of the course.