Updated Release: BSI obtains first global accreditation from ANAB to certify organizations to the new Quality Management standard ISO 9001:2015
28 August 2015,
BSI, the business standards company, is the first to receive official global accreditation status from the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to certify organizations to the new Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015. The decision was made utilizing ISO/FDIS 9001:2015 and accredited certificates to ISO 9001:2015 cannot be issued until the standard is published, expected in September 2015.
To gain accredited status to certify organizations, BSI’s transition process and internal auditor training to the new standard have been independently assessed to ensure it operates at the highest level of quality and service. This provides assurance to clients that the certificates issued to them, once the new standard is published, are both credible and impartial. BSI is now able to start carrying out audits against ISO/FDIS 9001:2015 which can be used as part of the support for the transition, meaning organizations can begin their transition process now.
The new ISO 9001:2015 has been revised to take into account today’s dynamic and globally interconnected world. Some of the key changes include:
- Greater emphasis on building a management system suited to each organization’s particular needs
- A requirement that those at the top of an organization be involved and accountable, aligning quality with wider business strategy
- Risk-based thinking throughout the standard makes the whole management system a preventive tool and encourages continuous improvement
- Less prescriptive requirements for documentation: the organization can now decide what documented information it needs and what format it should be in
- Alignment with other key management system standards through the use of a common structure and core text
Pietro Foschi, Strategic Delivery Director at BSI said “ISO 9001 is the world’s most popular management system standard. Being the first Certification Body to attain accreditation to begin to audit companies to ISO/FDIS 9001:2015 is a testament to the investment we have made in training our auditors and allows BSI to help our clients transition to the new standard, thereby embedding the latest best practice into their organizations and enabling them to take advantage of the additional benefits as early as possible”
Note to editors
No accredited certificates can be issued until publication of the final standard due in September 2015.
For the latest updates on revisions please visit: www.bsigroup.com/revisions
Director- Sales and Marketing
+91 9818161110, Pankaj.firstname.lastname@example.org