BSI Kitemark Window Installation - Application Process
Initially, BSI will perform a gap analysis to highlight what your company needs to do to meet the requirements of the Kitemark window installation scheme. This will make reference to the standard BS 8213-4 the system designer's recommendations and relevant building regulations.
To ensure continued compliance, a BSI assessor will carry out ongoing assessment visits throughout the year. These assessments will cover the following:
- Site installations
- The surveyor’s responsibilities
- Fixing methods
- Typical installation details.
Completed installations and work in progress will be assessed to ensure that the installation teams are trained and are consistently fitting the windows and doors to the BSI Kitemark scheme requirements.
The BSI Kitemark scheme for window installations has recently been approved by the Department for Communities and Local Government (formerly Office of the Deputy Prime Minister) to operate as a Competent Persons self-certification scheme.
This means that, where applicable, BSI Kitemark licensees will be given the option to use BSI to carry out local authority notifications and issuing of Building Regulations certificates for the replacement installations that they carry out.
Under the current legislation, the government requires that an offer of an insurance-backed warranty be made to your customer and deposit indemnity arrangements are in place for businesses that take deposits in advance of installations.
BIS Kitemark licensees will receive the following support:
- Licence to use the BSI Kitemark logo in advertising, documentation and marketing literature.
- Company listing in the BSI website client directory
- Access to dedicated technical support
- Consumer leaflet on features and benefits of the scheme that can be branded with your company logo and contact details
- Free copy of the standard BS 8213-4
- Opportunity to have official licence presentation and help with compilation of a press release.
BSI offers a quality plan module for window installers. The quality plan is a document that outlines the procedures, specifications and associated resources your company utilizes to achieve the quality of workmanship required.
The quality plan module is designed to:
- Help clients understand the BSI Kitemark scheme requirements and BS 8213-4
- Provide a gap analysis report
- Provide an action plan of what is required and assign responsibilities for progression within an agreed timeframe.
Window and Door Installers login: https://services.bsi-global.com/wiadmin/