BIM Fundamentals Training Course
This course will provide delegates with an understanding of why BIM Level 2 and how BIM supports Lean principles to reduce waste in construction and asset management. Overview of the standards that define BIM Level 2 and the fundamental processes of a Common Data Environment (CDE).
This course will also help delegates understand BIM Level 2 from the perspective of clients and customers. The role of information in managing assets and projects more efficiently and the tools defined in BIM Level 2 for this (information requirements, soft landings, asset information models).
In additional, delegates will understand BIM Level 2 from the perspective of designers, constructors and supply chain. Responding to the client’s information requirements (EIR). Tools used in the supply chain to manage and exchange information (CDE, COBie, IFC).
Putting BIM Level 2 into the broader context of information security, roles and responsibilities. Reflecting on the impact of BIM Level 2 for your organization and what next steps need to be taken.
Who should attend?
Anyone implementing BIM Level 2 into their organization, their own work practices, or helping their clients or supply chains implement BIM Level 2.
Construction and asset management professionals (project managers, asset managers, designers, constructors, manufacturers, maintenance contractors, information managers).
An organization that has already decided it needs to implement BIM level 2, or wishes to know more about what BIM Level 2 would mean for them.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain why and how BIM is a key driver of improvement in project delivery and asset management
- Explain how the existing BIM Level 2 standards, tools and documents fit together
- Define the basic requirements of a Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Determine how asset owners and project sponsors define their information requirements and procure information deliverables through contracts
- Determine how designers, constructors, suppliers respond to their client’s requirements, plan their information deliverables and collaborate with their fellow team members
- Describe the use of IFC in information collaboration and COBie in information exchange
- Explain how BIM Level 2 project and asset activities fit into broader issues of security, quality and assurance
- Recall the roles and responsibilities needed to implement BIM Level 2
This two day training course includes lunch and drinks. The training and the materials will be provided in English. For further information regarding reduced rates at the hotel where the training is being conducted please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0031-(0)20-3460780.
The courses will most likely be scheduled in for the first time in March 2018. When interested in attending this course, please contact us through phone (020-2192123) or e-mail email@example.com. As soon as the course dates and venues are known, we will contact you directly.
Attending several training courses is associated with special discounts.
1. BIM Implementing € 575,-
2. BIM Fundamentals € 975,-
Package 1 + 2: € 1400,-
Discount: € 150,-