The adoption of an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) is intended to enable an organization to improve its OH&S performance in the enhancement of health and safety at work, and to manage its OH&S risks. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective OH&S MS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills to help improve your organization's OH&S performance.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 45001. You'll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
Gain a Certificate of Achievement for this course
This course has an optional upgrade – you can now qualify for a Certificate of Achievement. By passing the assessment requirements, including an end-of-course examination, you’ll improve your professional profile and be able to:
- Provide evidence of your learning
- Demonstrate your competence
The examination is done online which means you can choose when and where to complete it. The exam takes approximately 80 minutes, and you have up to 30 days to complete it – including one opportunity for a re-take. The price of the assessment option on this course is 1200 ZAR.
We’ll email your exam log-in details when you’ve finished the course. Please remember to select the Examination option on your training course booking form.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, or supervising of an ISO 45001 management system
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- The guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011:2011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 45001
Have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 45001 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 45001 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization's capability to manage its OH&S MS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
What is included?
- Detailed course notes and lunch provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
If you have a group of people to train and a single location that is practical, an expert tutor can deliver training at your premises. Want to know more?