This interactive and practical three-day course will provide first-hand experience of the approaches and tools necessary for effective process improvement. By developing your knowledge and skill in this important area, you will be able to deploy a process improvement framework that works effectively for your organization.
For some organizations, adopting an improvement methodology such as Lean Six Sigma may be too detailed, time consuming or unsuitable for their processes. This course aims to effectively fill this gap by providing a practitioner’s view and toolkit for process improvement.
The tools and techniques covered during the course are applicable to any process (or any management system process), so although the case study adopts a quality perspective, it can be understood from all disciplines.
These tools and techniques will provide you with an efficient, simple-to-use and logical approach to organizational problem solving and process improvement:
- Eight disciplines (8Ds) problem solving
- The Ishikawa Tools (Seven Basic Tools)
- Analyse data from a process
- Create problem statements
- Define project teams
- Develop CT-trees
- Develop time series charts
- Make observations and conclusions of statistical analysis
- Recognise non/necessary/value added activities
- Build Value Stream Maps
- Construct a 5-Why analysis, risk assessments, C&E Matrix analysis/diagrams, scatter diagrams, error proofing and solution selection matrixes
- Use visual management aids and gain an overview of 5S disciplines and change management
Qualification: This course forms part of our Auditor Qualification programme. To find out more, please visit our training auditor qualifications page here.
Who should attend?
This course is for:
- Anyone who wants to apply an effective and structured process improvement framework
- Those who do not want more formal Lean Six Sigma training
- Anyone who wants to learn about practical process improvement without any jargon, history, or gurus etc.
- Those who want to learn logically and practically how to improve a process, which can be applied to any workplace, without extensive theory.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course you will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the need for clear process definition
- Identify the structure of process improvement deployment
- Recognize team structures and stakeholder influences and the needs of the interested parties
- Determine root causes
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Recognize process standardization techniques
- Identify the basic principles of managing change and overcoming resistance to change
You will have the skills to:
- Use data to identify and quantify improvement opportunity
- Map the process and use data to understand the improvement opportunities
- Analyse process data and use it to describe the relationship between the process and the outcomes
- Evaluate and select improvement solutions
- Validate improvement effectiveness
- Review basic process control techniques
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relevant process diagnostic and process improvement methodologies. Lean how to apply them to lead process improvement projects and teams
- Correctly quantify process performance and quickly implement improvements where needed
- Confidently apply process improvement projects and methodologies. Understand the key tools and become equipped to identify and positively influence organizational resistance to change
- Relate effective problem-solving techniques to management systems and corrective action planning
- Lead process improvement projects and teams to achieve positive change
- Develop professionally and network with likeminded peers
(Lunch reserved for classroom based training)
- Lunch and refreshments
- Detailed course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate