ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Systems: Requirements and Implementation
An in-depth, clause by clause analysis and explanation of the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 with practical energy management system implementation principles, guidelines and examples with a discussion of the different energy systems.
Who should attend?
Any person who is tasked with the responsibility to lead, develop or implement the energy management system or who has to lead the management system implementation.
“Couldn’t have asked for a better trainer! She has excellent knowledge on the subject. It was a pleasure to attend the 2 day course.”
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Basic principles of energy systems, significant energy users, energy saving opportunities, baseline and base-load determination and energy performance indicators
- The detail requirements and their implications of ISO 50001:2011
- Generic energy management related legal requirements
- Principles of compilation of the energy management business case
- Integration of the energy management system requirements into existing business management systems.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the energy management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 50001:2011
- Implement and maintain an energy management system in line with the requirements of ISO 50001:2011
- Integrate the energy management system into your organization’s existing management system.
You will sit a 3 hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding. Detailed course notes and lunch provided.
This course is a prerequisite to be registered as a BSI Lead Energy Management System Implementer.