Business Continuity Plan Testing Course
With a wide range of potential disruptions and various disasters? How can you ensure that your business continuity plans are effective? How can you be certain all the essentials of your complex enterprise will recover using those plans or that they will stand up your internal audit?
Business Continuity Plan (BCP) testing varies from simple to complicated; the key factor to its success is to integrate it as part of the overall BCP process.
The fact that testing is a main challenge to many organizations. As it necessitates management support, proper time for preparation and execution, budget, cautious planning in a structured process from pre-testing through testing and post-testing evaluation.
The objective of this course is to provide delegates with the necessary skills to develop a multi dimensional approach for Business Continuity Plan testing that is compliant with the requirements of ISO 22301 and meets the International best practices. The course will provide delegates with a framework for program design, development, testing and maintenance.
Who should apply?
- Staff tasked with the implementation and management of Business Continuity Planning.
- Business Continuity Planning Practitioners
- Business Continuity Planning Auditors
- Business Continuity Planning team
What will I learn?
- Introduction to BCP and testing.
- ISO 22301 testing requirements.
- Define BCP program testing objectives.
- Design BCP testing program.
- Program Awareness
- Testing Techniques and methods.
- Scenarios selection and success criteria.
- Scheduled tests staging and execution.
- Risks; testing Vs. Operation.
- Ad-hock testing.
- Program maintenance.
- Program Documentation management.
- Results analysis and reporting.
- Integration of BCP maintenance and testing
What will I benefit?
Both the objective and result of the course will be the design and maintenance of an effective BCP testing program under the expert tutelage and guidance of a BSI tutor. Take the knowledge and skills imparted during this exercise and use them to improve and ensure the continuity of your business.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be issued a certificate by BSI.