This masterclass will provide you with the knowledge and skills to implement, maintain and improve the more technical aspects of an environmental management system (EMS) based on ISO 14001.
Using short presentations, discussions, self-reflection and classroom activities, this masterclass will delve into deeper technical areas, requirements and concepts than would be covered in an ISO 14001 Lead Implementer training course.
An expert BSI tutor will be on hand to facilitate discussions, draw insights and experiences among the class. This will bring to life the concepts for designing and maintaining an ISO 14001 management system. It will enable you to maximize the applicability of your learning from the masterclass to your workplace.
The masterclass will cover the context of the organization and integration with business processes. It will cover topics such as coping with rapidly changing environmental conditions, taking a life cycle perspective, accurate allocation of environmental costs, selecting meaningful and effective performance indicators and moving beyond risk-based thinking to grasp new environmental opportunities.
You’ll understand how to develop environmental reviews, define precise levels of environmental performance based on data and prepare communications for the most difficult and sensitive topics. You’ll explore how to refine and develop EMS policies, objectives, targets, and action plans that inspire, educate and get results. You’ll learn how to revitalise internal audit programmes so that they become effective motivational tools.
Who should attend?
This masterclass is for anyone involved in the detailed technical management and improvement of an EMS based on ISO 14001:2015. It is suitable for many roles including managers, consultants, team leaders and process managers/owners.
Please note: If you’re more interested in the process of implementation, you will find our Implementation course more appropriate. If you’re leading an implementation team and want to learn about the requirements, process and project management aspects of the implementation of an EMS, our Lead Implementer course is more suitable.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the skills to:
- Maintain and improve a new or existing ISO 14001:2015 management system
- Use best practice environmental management techniques referred to in the ISO 14000 series of standards
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills relating to the dynamics of environmental conditions
- Advise on more challenging EMS technical matters, known problem areas and continual improvement initiatives
Increase the effectiveness of your organization’s EMS and associated performance improvement programme.
How will I benefit?
This masterclass will help you to:
- Use analysis to develop organizational context
- Integrate ISO 14001 into business processes and product or service life cycles
- Understand how to analyze and address risks as well as create opportunities
- Understand environmental costs, indicators and communications
- Analyze and refine objectives and targets, monitoring and performance measurement
Use a step-by-step approach to identify, quantify and prioritize improvements
What is included?
Masterclass: ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems training material.