ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System - Requirements and Implementation
An in-depth, clause by clause analysis and explanation of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 with practical environmental management system implementation principles, guidelines and examples.
Who should apply?
Any person who is tasked with the responsibility to lead, develop or implement the environmental management system or who has to lead the management system implementation.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Annex SL Appendix 2 and the framework for the new ISO high level structur
- Sources of aspect identification and risk management principles
- The detail requirements and their implications of ISO 14001:2015
- Specific new requirements relating to Context, Leadership, Planning, Support and Operation
- New and revised terms and definitions applicable to ISO 14001:2015, as well as key concepts such as risk-based thinking and process approach
- The environmental management principles
- Basics of incident analysis and cause identification
- How to integrate the environmental management system requirements into existing business management systems.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the environmental management principles and terminologies
- Have an in-depth understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Implement and maintain an environmental management system in line with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Integrate the environmental management system into your organization’s existing management system.
You will sit a 2 hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding. Detailed course notes and lunch provided.
This course is a prerequisite to be registered as a BSI Lead Environmental Management System Implementer.