This one-day course has been designed by leading food industry experts to equip you with the most current food industry knowledge. It introduces the application of food defence methodologies to assess and manage generic and specific threats for the development of a food defence plan.
PAS 96:2017 aims to assure the authenticity of food by minimizing the chance of an attack by performing a threat assessment of your organization, operation, supply chain, process and products. Using risk assessment techniques, you’ll identify where controls and mitigation strategies may be required to minimize and mitigate an ‘attack’.
The course includes references to current examples, the application of a food defence assessment tool and group activities. You’ll develop practical skills and the confidence to implement PAS 96:2017 to strengthen food defence at your organization.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of PAS 96:2017
- Develop practical skills and the confidence to implement PAS 96:2017, together with other current concepts and methodologies to strengthen food defence within your organization
- Adopt a proactive approach to identifying food defence threats
- Improve the resilience of your organization and operation through an understanding of threats, likely attackers and proactive controls and mitigation strategies
The course is aimed specifically at food industry professionals and those working in the food industry who may contribute to a food defence plan including security, human resources, food technology, process engineering, production and operations, procurement, distribution and logistics, and information technology.
You’ll be able to:
- Recognize different types of threat assessment methodologies that may be used to identify threats to an organization, operation and product
- Describe the process of TACCP food defence (PAS 96:2017)
You’ll have the skills to:
- Source relevant information to inform a food defence threat assessment
- Apply the concept of food defence and TACCP
- Perform a food defence threat assessment
- Document a food defence plan
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.