The Window installer BSI Kitemark™ covers a wide variety of aspects:
- Design - Ensuring windows and doors are correct for intended use
- Surveying – Correct door and window fit and risk assessment
- Installation practice – Including the safe removal of old windows
- Staff training – Ensure all staff are properly trained and competent
- Property care – To avoid damage to furniture and floor coverings
- Building regulations compliance – Including fire, thermal efficiency and safety glazing
- Material quality – All materials must meet the required quality standards.
- Inspection – Check all installations are fitted in accordance with BS 8213-4 and the system designer recommendations.
New build, replacement and commercial markets are all covered by the scheme, irrespective of the types of materials used.
BSI Kitemark™ for window installations - a clear business advantage
The BSI Kitemark is one of the UK's most respected quality marks, and is well-established in the double-glazing sector as a symbol of quality and reliability.
- Powerful and effective marketing tool
- Reduced mis-measures and service calls by improving the quality of the installation, delivering you cost savings.
- Increased quality of surveying, improving your efficiency.
- Reduced delays in issuing paperwork – BSI Kitemark installers who elect to use BSI to carry out local authority notifications and issuing of Building Regulations certificates can carry out these activities instantly via our website.
- It enables the installer to do the job right first time, saving you money.
BSI offers a quality plan module for window installers. The quality plan is a document that outlines the procedures, specifications and associated resources your company utilizes to achieve the quality of workmanship required.
The quality plan module is designed to:
- Help clients understand the BSI Kitemark scheme requirements and BS 8213-4
- Provide a gap analysis report
- Provide an action plan of what is required and assign responsibilities for progression within an agreed timeframe.