Preventative food safety risk management is a fundamental requirement in all food safety compliance standards.
The CODEX Recommended International Code of Practice, General Principles of Hygiene and the HACCP approach described in Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) System and Guidelines for its Application (Annex) are globally accepted as best practice methodology for food safety risk assessment.
This course details the CODEX HACCP methodology for the 5 preliminary steps and 7 principles required in the development of HACCP plans. Specific insight will be gained in:
- Application of HACCP methodology to meet the expectations of GFSI Food Safety Standards
- Verification activities required to maintain an effective HACCP based food safety management system
Through references to current food product and process examples, you’ll develop practical skills and confidence to participate or lead a HACCP team in your workplace.
The content of this HACCP training course reflects the training content of a Level 3 RQF qualification in HACCP.
How will I benefit?
This course will provide food industry professionals with the essential knowledge and skills to actively participate in the development and verification of HACCP plans. This course will help you:
- Advance your understanding of the importance of preventative food safety management systems
- Engage in a proactive process to identify significant food safety hazards and determine critical control points to ensure the safety of your product and process
- Apply the HACCP food safety risk assessment methodology to your products and processes to facilitate safe food production and meet compliance requirements of food safety standards
- Develop a scientifically sound, preventative food safety management system
- Apply risk-based thinking to improve the resilience of your food safety management system
The course is for anyone looking to attain HACCP Level 3 knowledge. BSI's HACCP Level 3 training course is ideal for quality, operations and technical professionals involved in food production/preparation and food safety systems development and management.
It’s especially relevant if you’re directly involved in the development and maintenance of HACCP plans and food safety management systems.
Pre-requisites: Pre-course reading is provided prior to the course to ensure you have an understanding of the CODEX Recommended International Code of Practice, General Principles of Hygiene.
You’ll be able to:
- Define concepts of CODEX General Principles of Hygiene and the application of HACCP
- Identify GFSI requirements for a HACCP based system
- Identify different tools and methods of verification to apply HACCP to your workplace food safety management system
- Explain the intent of different perspectives or approaches within a food safety management system
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply the concept of HACCP
- Source information to inform a HACCP study of your products and processes
- Interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas relating to HACCP and food safety management systems
- Execute a preventative food safety hazard assessment
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized HACCP Level 3 BSI Training Academy certificate.