Personal Information Management System and GDPR Implementation Professional Training Course
The aim of this course is to enable delegates to understand current data protection legislation and underlying principles; to understand the concepts and management principles used in the BS 10012:2017 standard on Personal Information Management Systems (PIMS), and to implement a PIMS as per GDPR principles, in your organization.
This three day course covers the basic requirements of the new GDPR regulation as well as best practices of a Personal Information Management System based on BS 10012:2017 management standard. The course will enable delegates to understand and apply these best practices for their organization or for their clients.
Who should attend?
Anyone that is involved in data protection within an organization, any individual new to information compliance and those who need to gain an understanding of a Personal Information Management System (PIMS) and EU GDPR.
What will I learn?
Delegates will be able to:
- Interpret data protection regulation
- Understand privacy concepts
- Understand the key terms and definitions
- Understand compliance requirements
- Develop vital processes, policies and procedures that can be put into practice immediately including Privacy Impact Assessment, Risk Treatment, Data Inventory & Data Flow
- Integrate policies and procedures to reflect GDPR requirements
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the current data protection legislation and the underlying principles
- Understand the updated management principles in BS 10012:2017 management standard on Personal Information Management System (PIMS)
- Gain the confidence apply the best practices of a PIMS and implement these in your organization or for your clients as per GDPR principles.
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided.
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)