SSIP Assessor Training Course
The course is an intensive IRCA Licensed one day training course.
The course concentrates on the role of SSIP and how assessors working for an SSIP Registered Scheme Member should conduct an assessment of an organisations health and safety arrangements against the stage 1 core criteria for health and safety competence specified in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
The course is highly interactive and contains a mixture of tutorial and open discussion sessions together with role play workshops and a 45 minute examination at the conclusion of the course.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for individuals who are currently working as assessors for SSIP registered scheme members and / or for those individuals who are looking to apply for certification with IRCA as an SSIP Assessor.
What will I learn?
- Understand the aim of the SSIP scheme and the role of the Assessor in delivering this
- Understand the scope of SSIP other criteria (e.g. OHS legislation)
- Understand the significance of the risk assessment processes for the SSIP Assessor
- How to interpret CDM Core Criteria stage 1 in the context of a typical assessment
- How to conduct a typical SSIP assessment effectively
- How to communicate and report an assessment and any non-conformities detected
- How to undertake follow-up activities, including an assessment of the effectiveness of corrective actions identified.
How will I benefit?
Delegates completing the course will gain an in-depth understanding of the role of SSIP and how to conduct an assessment of an organisation’s health and safety arrangements against the stage 1 core criteria for health and safety competence specified in the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
Successful completion of the course meets the specified training requirements for individuals working as assessors for SSIP registered scheme members and for certification as an IRCA SSIP Assessor.
Assessors interested in IRCA Certification as an SSIP Assessor need to refer to the certification details specified in IRCA publication IRCA/4000.
- You will gain 8 CPD points on completing the course
- This course can only be delivered as in-company training