Process Improvement: Professional Training Course
This interactive and highly practical two-day course will provide first-hand experience of the more advanced approaches and tools of process improvement, and the leadership skills that can help you lead teams making process improvements within an organization.
The tools and techniques covered during the course are applicable to any process (or any management system process), so although the case study adopts a quality perspective, it can be understood from all disciplines.
Your learning will be through an activity-based, delegate-centred approach. This will help you share experiences and knowledge with other attendees; bringing alive the information presented and resulting in enhanced retention and application to your own workplace.
You have the full support and training from a world-class BSI tutor also at your disposal.
Who should attend?
This course is for:
- Anyone who wants to apply advanced, effective and structured process improvement methodologies
- Those who do not want more formal Lean Six Sigma training
- Anyone who wants to learn advanced practical process improvement without any jargon, history, or gurus etc.
- Those who want to learn logically and practically how to improve a process, which can be applied to any workplace, without extensive theory
Prerequisites: It is recommended that delegates have either attended our Process Improvement: Practitioner training course, or suitable alternatives (e.g. LSS White + Yellow belts as a minimum).
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will know and be able to:
- Use Value Stream Mapping to identify where a process is underperforming
- Select, use and present analytical, graphical and mapping tools in improvement projects
- Utilize measures of process capability and control techniques to improve and sustain improvement
- Employ statistical methods to represent process performance relating to errors, process capability and control
- Determine the accuracy and effectiveness of control procedures
- Use a measure to determine the effectiveness of a person and a piece of equipment
- Recall and use mind mapping and innovation techniques
- Prioritize and select improvement solutions
- Map the current state of an organization’s processes, measure performance and understand how to optimize bottlenecks to improve flow
- Design and introduce Standard Operating Procedures
- Employ stakeholder management techniques to influence and smooth the path to change
- Select the most appropriate approach to influence and drive change in the workplace
- Utilize methods to manage resistance to change
- Demonstrate methods to understand the impact of motivational factors and teamwork and how to use them to support change
- Apply Rapid Improvement Events to improve process performance quickly
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of some of the advanced improvement methodologies and how to apply them, to enable you to lead process improvement projects
- Confidently apply change management tools to overcome and avoid organizational resistance to change implementation
- Utilize process improvement tools and techniques to increase the probability of successful project outcomes with a positive organizational improvement
- To be able to drive change in the workplace, through the application of rapid improvement events
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments are provided.
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate