ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course
BSI’s Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course provides you with the skill and knowledge to conduct and lead effective energy management system (EnMS) audits in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001 and ISO 19011. The course explains the principles and practices of independent auditing for an EnMS, and guides participants through the entire audit process from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. During the course, you will gain the necessary auditing skill through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions. In addition, the course will discuss integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems, like ISO 14001.
IRCA Certified Course (17583)
This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for IRCA Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Auditor Certification.
Who should attend?
"Excellent delivery of course contents which not only leads to achieve the response of training but have given value addition from my thought flow process to go forward as an lead auditor of ISO 50001." - Satinder Singh, from ONGC
- Experienced auditors
- Experienced auditors looking to move into consultancy
- Energy Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Management representatives
- Those who want to become third party auditors for ISO 50001
What will I learn in the training?
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 in the context of an audit
- Describe the purpose of: an energy management system, of energy management systems standards, of management system audit and of third party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up energy management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an energy management systems to establish conformance (or otherwise) with ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
How will I benefit by the training?
- Lead auditing expertise
- Confidence your EnMS is effective
- Third party audit preparation
- Employee awareness of energy efficiency
- Integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems to save resources
It is recommended that participants have the following prior knowledge before attending this course:
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 50001 and,
- Knowledge of the following energy management principles and concepts:
- the principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- the relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- the typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- energy use data analysis methods
- energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- the impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
What's included in the training?
- Training pack (training materials, BSI pen, training course note)