CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Energy Management Systems Training Course
Course Aim: To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of energy management systems against ISO 50001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Course Description: Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct and lead an Energy Management Systems (EnMS) audit in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
You will grasp the key principles and practices of an effective EnMS audit
in accordance with ISO 19011 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”. Using a systematic approach, you will be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to reporting on audit findings, and follow-up; that establishes conformity and enhances energy performance.
Working with our professional tutors over 5 days, you will gain the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake and lead a successful second-party EnMS audits. You will acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up on an EnMS audit.
IRCA Certified Course (PR366)
This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for IRCA Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Auditor Certification.
Who should attend?
- Any person or team tasked with, or interested in, leading an audit of an organization’s EnMS and those seeking to become a second-party EnMS auditor based on ISO 50001.
- Please note: The implementation and the auditing of an ISO 50001-based EnMS requires different skill sets. Delegates with an interest in implementation should consider completing our implementation course.
Before starting this course, delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
a) Management systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between Context, Leadership and Commitment, Energy Policy, Planning, Operation, Performance Evaluation, Management Review and Continual Improvement
b) Energy management
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organisational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computer
c) ISO 50001
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 50001 and the commonly used energy management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 50001
What will I learn in the training?
Upon completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Describe the purpose of an EnMS, of EnMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EnMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
How will I benefit by the training?
This course will help you:
- Plan, conduct and follow up on auditing activities that add real value
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading and managing the EnMS audit process
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Conduct a second-party EnMS audit
- Meet audit team leader training requirements
What's included in the training?
- Training pack (training materials, BSI pen, training course note)
- On completion, you’ll be awarded a CQI/IRCA certified training course certificate.
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)