Energy Management System ISO 50001 Introduction and Implementation training course
This three-day course introduces Energy management system and provides guidance on how to implement an ISO 50001 energy management system (EnMS). The course enables organizations to understand, establish systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance, energy efficiency, and help reduce energy consumption and costs.
Instructors will provide general overview of the ISO 50001 standard & review the requirements of the standard from an implementation perspective while covering a step-by-step implementation approach. The course includes guidance on developing an implementation plan, creating necessary documentation, monitoring an energy management system and achieving continual improvement in energy performance.
Hands-on exercises and a take-home toolkit help participants learn effectively while providing information they can refer to during their organization’s implementation process. The course will also discuss integrating ISO 50001 with other management systems, like ISO 14001, ISO 9001.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in improving energy performance and energy efficiency
- Those who want to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Those with a responsibility for energy management
- Energy managers (management representatives, plant managers, facility managers)
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers)
What will I learn in the training?
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001 from an implementation perspective
- Identify the resources needed to implement ISO 50001
- Develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods
- Develop a plan to implement an ISO 50001 EnMS
- Define and develop baseline energy performance indicators
- Integrate the EnMS with other management systems
- Establish internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
Benefits of the ISO 50001 Introduction and Implementation training course?
- Build awareness and understanding of best practice energy management.
- Save money by improving energy efficiency and performance, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other related environmental impacts.
- Competence to implement ISO 50001
- Confidence in your ability to implement a robust EnMS
- Competence to build awareness and understanding of best practice EnMS within your organization
- Confidence to build a system that meets legal requirements and achieves energy performance targets
- Improve efficiency and gain industry and customer recognition
- Help the integration of ISO 50001 with other management systems to save resources
What's included in the training?
- Includes refreshments, lunch and delegate manual
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)