ISO 50001 Energy Management System Awareness cum Internal Auditor training course
BSI’s “Energy Management System Internal Auditor” course provides participants with the skill set to evaluate, monitor and improve the effectiveness of an energy management system (EnMS) in their organization. Students will learn how an effective EnMS can help their organization improve energy efficiency, reduce costs, and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
An experienced BSI instructor will guide students through the course, while students engage in discussions and participate in exercises based around the requirements outlined in the standard. This three-day course is based on the principles and practices of effective management systems process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2002.
An experienced instructor guides participants through the internal audit process, from planning an audit to reporting on audit results and following up on corrective actions. Participants gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, practical role-playing, and group workshops.
Who should attend?
- Responsible for energy management within their organization
- Interested in improving their energy efficiency
- Interested in applying an EnMS based upon industry best practice
- Energy Managers/Coordinators
- Facilities/Plant Managers
- Environmental or Quality Managers
- Persons responsible for continual improvement and maintenance of an energy management system
What will I learn in the training?
- Describe the principles of an energy management system
- Explain the concept of energy efficiency
- Understand the benefits of systematic energy management across your organization
- Understand the requirements of EN 16001
- Identify the principles of auditing and auditor responsibilities
- Plan an internal audit for an EnMS
- Conduct informal opening and closing meetings
- Conduct an audit based on good process identification, sampling and questioning
- Provide verbal and written feedback
- Construct and document concise nonconformities
- Report the audit effectively
- Follow up on corrective actions
- Includes refreshments, lunch and delegate manual
- Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)