Certified Lead Implementer Professional (CLIP) for Food Safety Management System
Obtain a detailed understanding of ISO 22000:2018 and its application based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), by identifying emerging supply chain risks and managing food safety within your organization in a systematic manner.
The main concerns of the food industry is the safety of products and brand reputation. Organizations that produce, manufacture, handle or supply ingredients and food recognize the need to assure customers that their products are safe and free from contamination. Failures in the food supply chain can not only be dangerous to customers but prove costly in terms of company reputation, financial penalties and shareholder value. Food is an essential part of everyday life and managing its preparation is important to make sure the food you serve is safe to eat. High-profile food-related incidents such as those involving Salmonella and E.coli O157 have only served to increase general awareness of food safety issues.
Changes to the food safety legislation will require that all food businesses, including caterers, apply food safety management procedures based on the principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) to their business.
CLIP-FSMS aims to assure the authenticity of food by minimizing the chance of a food borne illness through risk assessment of your organization, supply chain, process and product. In preparation for this, BSI decided to develop this course and to cater the demands of the food safety professional. This 5 days course provides insight into the fundamentals of food safety requirements and its advantages. It provides an insight into how food safety concepts can help organization to understand the stake holders concern, and gain confidence that the quality and product safety.
Who should attend?
Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including Senior Management, Technical/Quality Assurance, those responsible for implementing food processing business or those with food safety/security responsibilities (Operations and Training personnel), food safety auditors.
Suggested job roles include:
- Food industry professionals from a diverse range of functions including Senior Management
- Technical/Quality Assurance
- Those responsible for implementing food processing business or those with food safety/security responsibilities (Operations and Training personnel)
- Food Business owners
- Food safety consultants
- Food safety Auditors
What will you learn ?
Participants will gain knowledge on:
- Understanding the implementing guidelines of food safety system
- Conduct a base line review of the organizations current position with regards to food safety.
- Gain skills to reporting and their links to core business practices.
- Best practices of preventive control in the entire food chain of the foods establishment.
- Providing 100% product satisfaction to the stakeholders
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Participants will gain skills on:
- Explain the importance and benefits of ISO 22000:2018
- Explain HACCP (Hazard Assessment Critical Control Point)
- Basics of Microbiology
- Different Types of Food
- Basics of Food safety and Personal Hygiene
- Implementation of Food safety
- Food preservation methods
- Internal auditing principles
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
However, the person who has completed degree in science with Food technology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology and Hotel management with experience in food industry will be an added advantage.
Detailed course notes and lunch provided.
Loan copy of the standard (to be returned after the course)
Laptops are required with pre-loaded USB flash drives provided, access to internet either through smart phone or preferably through conference wireless access (for laptop).
This course will help you::
- Identify the key requirements and benefits of ISO 22000:2018
- Develop practical skills and confidence to implement ISO 22000:2018 and strengthen food safety within your organization
- Adopt a proactive approach to identifying emerging supply chain risks
- Improve the resilience of your supply chain through an understanding of hazards and proactive safety controls
- Demonstrate ability to source relevant and current information on historical and emerging hazards to apply the HACCP risk assessment
- Apply risk-based methodologies to determine significant hazards.
- Suitable for small groups
- Suitable for single person
- Learn from other organizations
- Suitable for large groups
- Flexible & convenient
- Tailored for your needs