With a greater focus on risk-based thinking and aligned to ISO’s high level structure, the new ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems can deliver additional benefits to organizations of all sizes throughout the food chain:
• Improved control over food safety activities
• Customer, statutory and regulatory compliance
• Facilitated market growth
• Increased customer, stakeholder and consumer confidence in products
• Improved risk management
• Integration with other ISO management systems
Organizations currently certified to ISO 22000:2005 will have three years to transition to the new standard.